Fetzpahs Consulting is a provider of practical solutions to problems in the chemistry and analysis of petroleum-related materials and the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). The size of projects can be large or small, with rates that are flexible enough to meet budgetary constraints.
The principal, John C. Fetzer, is a recognized world-class expert in the chemistry and analysis of the polycyclic aromatic compounds. Specialist in the development of separation and compositional analysis methods aimed particularly at crude oil, its distillate
fractions (including asphalt and residuum), catalytically-processed petroleum products (waxes, mineral oils, lube oil basestocks, fuels, and intermediate oils, petrochemical products, and additives. He has a high-level of expertise in high-performance liquid, supercritical fluid, gel-permeation and gas chromatographies, and fluorescence and UV absorbance measurements.
Analytical Chemistry Consulting Services
- Environmental Analysis – Data Quality, Chemical Analysis Solutions, Work with Laboratories
- Explain Chemistry of Poly-cyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons – Occurrence, Sources, Degradation, Oxidation, Synthesis, Physical Properties, etc.
- Develop New Analyses for Crude Oil, Petroleum Products, PAHs, Environmental Concerns
Soft Skills for Scientists and Engineers
- Dealing with a Bad Boss
- Writing and Speaking Skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Incentives and Rewards
- Team Building
- Creativity and Innovation
- Academia, Industry, and Government Service
- Being Technically Diverse
- Starting or Changing Career Direction
- Understanding Others
Dr. Fetzer is an experienced expert witness, having written 9 submitted expert reports, given 7 depositions, and given sworn testimony in 1 case and also to the California Public Utilities Commission. These have been both for plaintiffs and defendants in areas of patents, chemical analyses, chemical behaviors, the composition of petroleum and its products, and hydrocarbon chemistry. A case listing of this expert-witness work will be sent upon a request.